Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my site!  The work below is a small sample of my personal work and studies. These are projects I've worked on during my personal time and using tools or processes that I don't typically use in my professional life.
If you are interested in seeing my professional work, please contact me directly at Steven.L.Carroll@gmail.com.


Currently working on: Viking Ship



World Machine:
Quick Study using very low res 90 meter per pixel SRTM geological data as a base then running additional passes in world machine to add detail.    8k texture for 8x8 km chunk.




SRTM Geological Data:
Using real world data to create meshes/heightmaps


Photogrammetry:
Out camping I wanted to test my photogrammetry might with something that has high relief and a lot of small items such as splinters.

Shot with a phone camera


An interesting rock formation near the coast in California.  It piqued my imagination when I started thinking about building a small miniature-like village between the two boulders.

Shot with phone camera.



Hard Surface Model:
Generator



Shield in Marmoset:
PBR
Photoshop and dDo for edge wear.  First textured part of the Viking Ship WIP



Rope in Marmoset.
PBR
Utilizes height map displacement


Whitebox Concept:
Drone Turret



Whitebox Concept:
High-Tech Drone Assembly




Quick study of a cave for a Maya MentalRay test
https://3dtotal.com/galleries/image/Scenes/5646-cave-eggs-by-steven-carroll

3D Total Tutorial of the lighting
https://3dtotal.com/tutorial/1829-making-of-cave-eggs-maya-mental-ray-photoshop-zbrush-by-steven-carroll-project-cave-lighting-rendering




This piece earned Team Best for 3D Total and 2nd Place overall in GameArtisans UneathlyChallenge 2013! 
http://www.gameartisans.org/challenges/uc/3/world-champions.php

If you're interested in seeing the development of the piece, check out the forum postings at:







If you are interested in hiring me, please contact me directly at Steven.L.Carroll@gmail.com and I would be happy to show you more work and tell you about myself!

Thanks!


















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete